can't install driver on windows developer preview. why ?

Question

• How can i install Soundmax integrated digital audio driver on windows developer preview?

i tried it says "this operating system is not supported by the software"

please help me on this .

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:51 PM

Answers

• Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 1:19 AM

All replies

• How can i install Soundmax integrated digital audio driver on windows developer preview?

i tried it says "this operating system is not supported by the software"

please help me on this .

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Sorry, you won't find answers to that question in this forum.  This forum is for programming only, not for help with driver installation, especially on a version of Windows that is not yet released.

If you want to install a driver of some hardware, ask the hardware manufacturer for an updated driver for Windows Developer Preview.

Jose R. MCP
    Friday, January 20, 2012 4:39 AM
  • Thanks. It didn't work, I've to wait for the release of windows 8 drivers.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:09 AM
  • extract the driver and install the driver with the device manager.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, January 20, 2012 12:14 PM
  • On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:39:01 +0000, webJose wrote:

Sorry, you won't find answers to that question in this forum. ?This forum is for programming only, not for help with driver installation, especially on a version of Windows that is not yet released.

Sorry, but you're wrong here as a simple, quick look at this forum would
    show. There are tons of driver installation related questions here, and
    they are consistently answered by both other forum members and the
    Microsoft support staff.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    ROM: A RAM after a delicate operation.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:18 PM
  • Sorry, but you're wrong here as a simple, quick look at this forum would
    show. There are tons of driver installation related questions here,

this topic was posted twice and ws merged. Maybe 1 topic was posted in the programming forum and 1 here.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:55 PM