none
How to create a calendar with appointments and update it every hour. Share this Calendar for many people in internat? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i know how to add appointments to a calendar. I need to create a complete calendar and let people import it in outlook. 

I think i need to create a .icr file somehow and add appointments to it. Can i add authentication? So if i share it via web people have to enter password to use it in outllok?

I would need some tip or link, how to create and distibutable calendar with c# from a database?

Thank you very much for any help.

Best regards,

Simon

tu es, oder lass es

Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Simon,

It's based on my experience that is impossible. However you are able to distribute it in a security way such as https to ensure the correct persons get it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Monday, March 4, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Hi Simon,

I think you are able to develop specific add-in for Outlook which will generate and read the customized files to save the authentication and meeting request infomation. And when the add-in read that file it have function to check whether the use have right to access that.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

It's based on my experience that is impossible. However you are able to distribute it in a security way such as https to ensure the correct persons get it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Monday, March 4, 2013 2:21 AM
  • Hello Tom,

thank you for your answer. Is there any other way to complete my requirements?

Another technique then .ica files, to have Authentication for a dynamic generated calendar? I think thats something that is possible?

Best regards,

Simon

tu es, oder lass es

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:36 AM
  • Hi Simon,

I think you are able to develop specific add-in for Outlook which will generate and read the customized files to save the authentication and meeting request infomation. And when the add-in read that file it have function to check whether the use have right to access that.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:07 AM