none
Ways to increase speed on filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a "Status form" showing the current status of all beer brews in our brewery. The "Status form" i also a kind of "portal" where users by clicking selected fields can open new forms for further action. The "Satus form" is based on a complex query, a snapshot. This works fine.
    But when I try to apply filter on the "Status form" it is slow. As slow as opening the "Status form" from the beginning.

Is there ways to increase speed on filter?

Best // Peter Forss Stockholm and Sigtuna GMT +1.00

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Answers

• I have a "Status form" showing the current status of all beer brews in our brewery. The "Status form" i also a kind of "portal" where users by clicking selected fields can open new forms for further action. The "Satus form" is based on a complex query, a snapshot. This works fine.
    But when I try to apply filter on the "Status form" it is slow. As slow as opening the "Status form" from the beginning.

Hi Peter,

One way could be to have the status form only show some general information on the brews, that is without any functions of DLookUps etc. This should show fast.

Clicking on a special control, or a command button, would then show all the detailed information of that brew in a separate single record form, including all kind of necessary functions.

In fact I work in this way without any speed problems. The status form is easy to filter.

Imb.

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, July 29, 2016 8:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, July 29, 2016 8:21 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 4:05 PM

All replies

• I have a "Status form" showing the current status of all beer brews in our brewery. The "Status form" i also a kind of "portal" where users by clicking selected fields can open new forms for further action. The "Satus form" is based on a complex query, a snapshot. This works fine.

Hi Peter,

One way could be to have the status form only show some general information on the brews, that is without any functions of DLookUps etc. This should show fast.

Clicking on a special control, or a command button, would then show all the detailed information of that brew in a separate single record form, including all kind of necessary functions.

In fact I work in this way without any speed problems. The status form is easy to filter.

Imb.

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, July 29, 2016 8:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, July 29, 2016 8:21 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2016 4:05 PM
  • Thanks Imb

I will work on and try your advices.
    Since its time for vacations it might take some times before I really fixed ;-)

Best // Peter Forss Stockholm and Sigtuna GMT +1.00

Monday, July 11, 2016 4:17 PM
  • Hi ForssPeterNova, 

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please free feel to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding. 
    Friday, July 29, 2016 8:21 AM