Problems running iOS app RRS feed

• Question

• User390267 posted

I use Visual Studio 2017 on a Windows 10 machine to do my Xamarin Forms development. I've developed an Android version of my app, and released it to the Play Store. Now, I want to, eventually, get my app on to iTunes. I've joined the Apple Developer group, and made an Apple Development certificate.

Here's my problem(s):

1. When I try to run my project (in Debug mode) and select iPhone Simulator and then pick device (e.g. iPhone 8 plus iOS 13.2), the project compiles, I see a message that "The Simulator has been started to launch App...", then a window comes up and I see the message "A fatal error occurred while trying to start the server"
    2. When I try to run the project selecting iPhone, and click Device to run the project I now get: "AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. MessagingException: The post for client build12120andy on topic xvs/Build/4.12.3.83/execute-task/RodneyPix.iOS/da20d03002fGetDirectories has been cancelled OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled. RodneyPix.iOS". Until this morning, I used to get message about needing a certificate.

My Mac is an iMac mini running Catalina with XCode 11 on it.

My first first question is how am I supposed to run the project. Do I choose iPhone or iPhone Simulator from the left drop down?

Second, I have an iPod Touch running iOs 9. Can I plug that into my computer (like I do with my Android phone to work with my Android project) and get the project to run on that device?

Another question, when I try to add my Apple ID in Tools > Options > Xamarin > Apple Accounts, I enter my credentials, click Login and nothing gets added. Why does this not work? It says something about Fastlane. I tried installing Fastlane on my Mac. Something got installed, but I'm not sure if that works properly.

Thanks for any help with this. Also, if I have to do things on my Mac, I may need some hand-holding. I'm a Mac novice, and I don't know how to use it's equivalent of the DOS Command window in Windows.

Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:32 PM

Answers

• User390267 posted

Fixed this problem by unchecking Tools>Options>Xamarin>iOS Settings Remote Simulator to Windows. This runs the simulator on the connected Mac. Now, happily running into new errors.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, December 8, 2019 6:06 PM