The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Sharing data between devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, and sorry if this is in the wrong place but I just wanted some guidance on the best way for me to share small amounts of data between devices that have my app installed.

What classes should I be using for this sort of thing ideally?

Thank you,

Jib

Monday, March 4, 2013 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Jib,

in my opinion there are two technologies you can use: NFC and Bluetooth. An example how you can do an app to device communication via Bluetooth can be found here.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Thanks.

What if they are a good distance apart - what options do I have then?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Notifications, maybe. Wifi and Sockets, maybe. Internet and web servers to relay the info....
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:41 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:48 AM