How to change data source password in ssrs report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created SSRS report, I have stored the data source credential when create a SSRS report. But now my database password has been changed. So I am not able to view the report. How can I update password in data source. I am trying to update password on the report server, but there is no success. I am getting the error 'Login failed for user testuser'.

How can I update password without re-deploying report on report server.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Goto Report Manager URL & to the folder with the Report, then via context menu => Manage, then Data Source, tere you can change the credentials.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hi Krunal:

If you have a shared data source, you can just go that data source and change the password there. Once done, all the reports that are using this data source will start to use the new password you entered.  

I hope that helps.

Faisal Muhammed My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:14 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Goto Report Manager URL & to the folder with the Report, then via context menu => Manage, then Data Source, tere you can change the credentials.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hi Olaf Helper,

Thanks for replying. But this way I can change only 1 report datasource credential. I have created the shared datasource, and I have used that datasource for multiple reports. So is it possible that I have to change only once per datasource. In other words I do not need to change credential for all the report.

Regards,

Krunal Patel

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:28 AM
  • Hi Krunal:

If you have a shared data source, you can just go that data source and change the password there. Once done, all the reports that are using this data source will start to use the new password you entered.  

I hope that helps.

Faisal Muhammed My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:14 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 2:47 AM