Multiple "DBML" files in one project RRS feed

• Question

• Can I include two or more "dbml" files (ORD) in the same project?  How would I point to objects in one of the files vs the other in the C# LINQ statements?
    • Moved by Victor_Chen Monday, March 7, 2011 6:10 AM Linq project (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Friday, March 4, 2011 1:46 AM

Answers

• Hi mreynol6,

Yes, you can include more than one "dbml" files in one project, but As you know the tables are classes, if the table is same, the class is also same,  there are same partial classes.

I'm not very clear about your second question, would you please clarify it, thanks.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 7, 2011 7:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Mreynol6,

Thanks for your post.

It seems a Linq project issue, I'm going to move it for better support.

Hope you can get more information there.

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 7, 2011 6:09 AM
  • Hi mreynol6,

Yes, you can include more than one "dbml" files in one project, but As you know the tables are classes, if the table is same, the class is also same,  there are same partial classes.

I'm not very clear about your second question, would you please clarify it, thanks.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Monday, March 7, 2011 7:51 AM
  • Hi mreynol6,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side.  Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions? 

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.   I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:11 AM