microsoft.visualstudio.vcproject.dll dependency RRS feed

• Question

• My VisualStudio addin depends on Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProject.dll and this has been developed on VS2008. Now when I install my Addin on VS2010 it doesn't work

Reason being it cannot find reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProject.dll.

When I change the target framework for my vs addin to 4.0 it starts working in VS2010.

How should I resolve this framework issue, I could not find a generic solution other than creating dlls for each version of VS.

similar problem is mentioned here.

But there is no real solution proposed.

Thanks in advance.

Raghvendra

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:03 PM

Answers

• The problem was solved by setting "Specific Version = False" in the Reference Properties. On target machine you need to have correct framework.

Raghvendra

• Marked as answer by raghavx Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:36 AM

All replies

• I think the dll of Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProject are different in VS2008 and VS2010. When we upgrade the project to VS2010. The path of the dll does not change however the reference is changed. So it reported cannot find reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Vcproject.dll. We can remove the reference and add them again, will it solve this issue?

崖山之後無中國,明亡之後無華夏

Friday, November 16, 2012 7:37 AM
  • The problem was solved by setting "Specific Version = False" in the Reference Properties. On target machine you need to have correct framework.

Raghvendra

• Marked as answer by raghavx Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:36 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:36 AM