Using HTTP Receive ocation in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to receive messages by using HTTP Receive location in BizTalk. Below are my steps.

1. Created App pool with .net framework 4 in IIS 7
    2. Created virtual directory 'BTSHTTPReceive' with 64bit BTSHTTPReceive.dll with the above app pool in IIS 7
    3. Created HTTP receive location in BizTalk with /BTSHTTPReceive/BTSHTTPReceive.dll and started in admin console of BizTalk

Correct me if I am wrong.

Now my question is,

How to send message to HTTP receive location of BizTalk?

Is there any tool to push message to BizTalk via HTTP adapter?

Thanks UK

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Ravinder,

Thank you for your reply.

I am new to Soap UI, I have installed Soap UI in my machine.

Could you please let me know the step how to use it to push message to HTTP receive lopaction of BizTalk.

Thanks UK

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:11 AM
  • You need to use post method. however check here what to use based on your requirement.

Also you can set the user authentication/password details in Soap UI.

Before that please go through the sub topics at here to validate if your configuration is correct and make changes if required, be it at IIS level or at BizTalk host level or at SOAP UI, where ever needed.

Also make sure the account which you are using to post the message has proper access to IIS/Biztalk. 

Please mark the post as answer if this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:54 AM
  • You can use Fiddler and compose a message with the highlighted steps in the below picture and make sure.

• Receive location started
    • Application Pool is running with user that has access in BizTalk

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:51 PM

All replies

• you can better use SOAP UI tool for this. SOAP UI tool can be used for posting message for both Webservices as well as HTTP requests

Please mark the post as answer if this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Hi Ravinder,

Thank you for your reply.

I am new to Soap UI, I have installed Soap UI in my machine.

Could you please let me know the step how to use it to push message to HTTP receive lopaction of BizTalk.

Thanks UK

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:11 AM
  • you better go through Here  

also here

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:25 AM
  • Hi Ravindra,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Now I can able to send messages to BizTalk HTTP receive location from Soap UI.

do I need to use GET or POST in Method?

I am getting the below error in BizTalk by using POST.

' The BizTalk HTTP receive adapter failed to initialize itself. Possible reasons:
     1) Receive location URL is not created/configured correctly.
     2) Receive location is not enabled.
     3) HTTP receive adapter is not running under a user that has access to management and message databases.
     4) Isolated host instance is not created for HTTP Receive adapter. '

Could you please give me any suggestion to overcome this error in BizTalk 2010?

Thanks UK

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:50 AM
  • You need to use post method. however check here what to use based on your requirement.

Also you can set the user authentication/password details in Soap UI.

Before that please go through the sub topics at here to validate if your configuration is correct and make changes if required, be it at IIS level or at BizTalk host level or at SOAP UI, where ever needed.

Also make sure the account which you are using to post the message has proper access to IIS/Biztalk. 

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Thank you. I will try it and let you know.

Thanks UK

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:27 PM
  • You can use Fiddler and compose a message with the highlighted steps in the below picture and make sure.

• Receive location started
    • Application Pool is running with user that has access in BizTalk

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:51 PM