Timer Ticks Twice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am experiencing a small problem (challenge). I have a VB.net (2003) windows service that fires off a routine every 2 minutes. In fact, it executes an external program, so it doesn't really do much. Everything is great until I try to add threading to the process, either by way of the

Imports System.Threading

statement directly, or by referencing a library that includes that line. When this is done, the OnTick event is fired twice. For example, the following is logged, so it seems to be serial, not simultaneous (Can't be sure though).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    09:11:43:S001 Service Started
    09:13:44:Timer Ticked - Interval =  120000
    09:13:52:Timer Ticked - Interval =  120000
    09:14:04:S002 Service Stopped

I think Olle probably had the same problem here some time ago.

When the same code runs in a console application, the time fires once. When references to threading are removed, the timer fires once. In a service with threading - twice!

Any ideas anybody?

David

Friday, January 12, 2007 7:46 AM

Answers

• Me again

WOW!!! I found the answer in the very next thread

I didn't know there was a threading.timer object

Cheers

Friday, January 12, 2007 9:12 AM