Master Data Services Won't Install RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into issues trying to install Master Data Services on a Windows 8.1 laptop...

I'm running SQL Server 2012 Enterprise. I've installed MDS and DQS on a Windows 7 laptop with no problem. This is the error I get:

These all seem to be issues with Windows 8.1 and MDS and DQS. I know there's a connect issue that was started about DQS, but there's been no update on that since December of 2013.

Anyone else having issues with MDS and Woindows 8?

A. M. Robinson

Monday, May 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Answers

• I was eventually able to get MDS installed, but now I have been completely unable to get the Excel add-In for MDS to install. I have already applied SP1 to my SQL Server installation and still can't get the add-in to properly install.

I keep getting the error "Microsoft Office 2010 isn't installed..blah blah blah". Every post I've read on this issue says installing SP1 should fix it - it hasn't!

Has anyone else encountered issues with the add-in? Where can I find the MDS client tool? Have searched everywhere and simply can't find an install for it.

Thanks!

A. M. Robinson

• Marked as answer by ansonee Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ansonee Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by ansonee Friday, May 16, 2014 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:31 PM

All replies

• I was eventually able to get MDS installed, but now I have been completely unable to get the Excel add-In for MDS to install. I have already applied SP1 to my SQL Server installation and still can't get the add-in to properly install.

I keep getting the error "Microsoft Office 2010 isn't installed..blah blah blah". Every post I've read on this issue says installing SP1 should fix it - it hasn't!

Has anyone else encountered issues with the add-in? Where can I find the MDS client tool? Have searched everywhere and simply can't find an install for it.

Thanks!

A. M. Robinson

• Marked as answer by ansonee Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by ansonee Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by ansonee Friday, May 16, 2014 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Managed to find the issue and resolve the error...

But still can't get the application site to function properly. When trying to connect to the application site via the add-in for Excel, it errors out with the "no listener on endpoint" error...

Anyone else see this particular error?

A. M. Robinson

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:07 PM