none
Notification to Manager if task/Time sheet not approved in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• is there any option if any user(Resource) updated his/her task & sent to his/her Manager for approval and Manager is not approved ( say in said timeline or days) then some notification should go to one step up (as Reporting Manager of that Manager who not approved task update & time sheet) in Project Server 2013?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 4:11 PM

Answers

• This is not possible out-of-the-box, Project Server doesn't propose such a notification process. That's why I'm giving you the SSRS report subscription workaround (which would trigger emails, thus similar to notifications).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Monday, October 13, 2014 5:29 PM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 5:22 PM

All replies

• A solution could be to create email subscriptions on an SSRS report containing the non-approved task updates by manager.

See reference here:

http://bhushan.extreme-advice.com/email-subscriptions-for-ssrs-reports/

Hope this helps,

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:58 PM
  • that is totally different scenario. What i want that if resource updates his time sheet & sending to Manager for Approval then if any how Manager not approving then some alert or email notification should flow to one step up (Higher Manager) that said task/time sheet not approved Project Manage say "A". This automation m looking in Project Server 2013...
    Monday, October 13, 2014 5:17 PM
  • This is not possible out-of-the-box, Project Server doesn't propose such a notification process. That's why I'm giving you the SSRS report subscription workaround (which would trigger emails, thus similar to notifications).

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Monday, October 13, 2014 5:29 PM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 5:22 PM