Infopath filler form attach pdf RRS feed

• Question

• Can the user attach a pdf file in infopath form. I know there is a file attachment control and I can enable allow user to attach only the following file types and the examples are .doc, ppt and xls. Please advice.
    Monday, March 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

• Yes, they will be able to attach PDF and DOC files, but you can't limit what types of files can be attached if you have a browser-enabled form.
    • Marked as answer by ChitraSaha Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:21 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 8:37 PM

All replies

• If you're creating a form for InfoPath filler, than you can select "Allow user to attach only the following file types" and then type in .pdf

This does not work for browser-enabled forms though.

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:01 PM
  • Is their any alternative? I have to publish the form in sharpeoint library and the user will be filling the form (browser enabled) and need to also attach file may be doc or pdf. Please advice.

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:22 PM
  • There are no problems attaching files, pdf, doc or whatever. What you can't do in a browser form Chitra, is telling what file types they only could attach. If you have that option the form doesn't have the correct compability Form type.

To check what compability you got for the form, click File-tab/Form Options/Compabillity.

Blog: Married to SharePoint Twitter: @SPNiax

Monday, March 5, 2012 7:03 PM
  • Thanks for the advice. Is there a reason for me to choose the Infopath Filler form or can I choose Blank form, add the file attacment control and ask the user to attach the file in a browser compatible form. In this way the user can choose any file and attach that to the form. So if the validation in File Attachment property is greyed out that should not cause any issue and the user will be able to attach the file both pdf and doc right? 
    Monday, March 5, 2012 7:55 PM
  • Yes, they will be able to attach PDF and DOC files, but you can't limit what types of files can be attached if you have a browser-enabled form.
    • Marked as answer by ChitraSaha Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:21 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 8:37 PM