Advanced Options Dialog Box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I built a customized Unidrv with a GPD file supporting Vendor-defined Paper Sizes.

When the user select the printer and open the "Advanced Options" dialog box, everything works fine. I see and can select the paper format and paper size ... except that the windows registry data base is not updated at all.

I supplied also a UI plugin, the code being based on the oemui sample coming from the DDK.

I Need help.

How to update the printer registry "PrinterDriverData" subkey values (under HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<My Printer Name>) when the user select the paper size in the "Advanced options" dialog box?

I see that IPrintOemUI::CommonUIProp function is called each time that dialog box is displayed. This function comes with a POEMCUIPPARAM parameter from which, may be, I have to fill some data (like pDrvOptItems?). I would call setPrinterData but I don't know in which place I have to do it if it's the right way to do.

I've inserted traces and read the source code of the ui plugin. Also, I can not find the dialog procedure related to the"Advanced Options" dialog.

Your help will be greatly welcome.

Thanks.

Monday, November 3, 2014 9:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I finally found the solution to my problem. Implementing correctly the COM interfaces IPrintOemUI, IPrintOemDriverUI and supplying the associated callback functions allow accessing and modifying the features defined in the GPD file.

I can discuss with someone facing the same issues.

Thanks

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:15 PM