Search Server 2010 search results on File Servers... RRS feed

• General discussion

•  On a new box, I've downloaded and installed the Search Server 2010.

Installed as standalone and added the file server's shared folder into the Content Source for crawling (//servername/sharefolder)

When I tested the search, the search results comes up but at the bottom of each results, shows file://servername/sharefolder/filename.

When you're on the Search Server itself, this is fine.  But from the end user's point of view on the network, they should see this instead:  X:\filename and not file://servername/sharefolder/filename.

Is there a way to fix this?

SysAdmin
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:50 PM

All replies

• Go to the Search Server/Sharepoint Centeral Administrator --> Application Management --> Manage Service Applications ---> Search Service Application ---> Server Name Mapping --> New Mapping

In New Mappping Enter Following

Address In Index: //servername/sharefolder/

Address in Search Results: X:\ 

Make sure under Address in search results that either that drive for users maps directly to desired folder or you map the identical structures.

For Example If my files were located in \\myserver\data\users, and my mapped drive X:\ was mapped to \\myserver\data. Then i woulx enter for Address in search results X:\users\

Once done you must run a FULL CRAWEL AGAIN! if you dont it wont take effect. Wait until full crawel to do a test search. Usually it wont change till its completey done.

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:05 PM