none
Auto aiming sentry turret with Small Basic!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I finally completed it! But its on BETA at the moment and I have a HUGE to-do list.

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-ZJE5C_TU

So if you would like to download this program, you can get it here 

If you just want the code, you can use this: PFR967 (You will need Litdev's extention and waveform extention)

Thanks!!

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Friday, October 17, 2014 5:07 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I plan to create a few new features in the new version:

1) More precise aiming. 

You might have noticed that the gun was over moving. that is because I need to calibrate it.

2) Leading feature 

I don't know if this will be practical or not :D

3) Ammo sensor 

I thing I can time how long the gun takes to expend a mag of ammo and then program it in so My gun won't dry fire.

4) Vertical movement

Just make it so it aims up and down as well.

PLEASE Give me feedback and suggestions!

Thanks!!

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Friday, October 17, 2014 6:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Nice work - I guess it will be interesting to see how responsive or accurate you can make it.

PS, don't kill the dog!

Friday, October 17, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Zock the inventor!

Just watched your youtube vid. This is a very innovative application of SB.

Inspirational! Love it - very entertaining!

Friday, October 17, 2014 10:18 PM
  • You could mount the webcam on the gun which may make the calibration easier.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:29 PM
  • Would that work? Every time the servo would twitch the camera would sense movement everywhere. I also changed up the code a bit since last you saw. so it is a bit harder now.

It would be great if I could do this though!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • You are probably right - I guess I was just seeing the white board which would be easier to aim at if mounted n the gun, but not for motion detection prbably.
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:15 PM
  • As I have no use for this program, I didn't study it. But I have an idea. Is it possible to block/reset the motion detection during and shortly after a change in direction of the servo?

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Friday, October 31, 2014 11:44 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes it would. but the servo will also "twitch" when no signal is telling it to. it is part of the ppm signal. Like a Misfire. 

Also the servo takes a different time to move depending on the distance. so I if tell it to move and then reset it, it would still be moving. 

Friday, October 31, 2014 11:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hmm. I just realized that I could make it auto reset if I made it reset every time the motion on the screen got too high.  I don't know if that would be better though.

Friday, October 31, 2014 11:39 PM
    Answerer
  • I shall post the updated version soon!

Sunday, November 9, 2014 4:47 PM
    Answerer