none
Kinect Initialization Error after reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Kinect 2 is not initialized after reboot.

Samples from SDK browser show white screen and no image from Kinect.

Kinect is not listed at Device Manager.

It is not possible to get Kinect alive at any programmatic method (restarting services and all Kinect related processes, restarting USB controller via devcon), only re-plugging Kinect to USB fixes issue.

Reboot does not fix issue also.

Issue is intermittent and cannot be reproduced by request.

We use Windows 8.1 x64 EN with latest updates and up-to-date drivers.

Version of bios is also up-to-date.

Version of Kinect SDK and Kinect Runtime is 2.0_1409 (latest for now).

Kinect Configuration Viewer says that our USB 3.0 controller is not in a list of compatible devices and may not work correctly.

Our USB controller is Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) with latest Microsoft driver (6.3.9600.17797).

Please suggest any fixes\workarounds for this situation.

• Edited by mafiozzyk Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:36 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 8:46 AM

All replies

• I have a possibly similar sounding issue, but mine is very reproducable. On a cold boot up the Kinect does not get recognised on my laptop at all, even though the laptop should be up to task. It appears that the USB3 port gets initialised into a slow or low power mode as if you replace the Kienct with some usb3 storage the file transfer speeds out of the port are at near usb2 speeds.

A restart of the laptop fixes this issue. This post sounds similar http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/03/26/help-my-usb-3-0-device-is-operating-at-a-lower-speed.aspx and I need to look further into it as this laptop was originally a Win7 machine,like in the post. 

Thursday, June 25, 2015 10:44 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback, but at our case reboot does not fix issue also, only re-plug.

BTW: HP motherboard with latest BIOS (that we have on our PC) does not provide options to change xHCI controller setting.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:30 PM