The fatal error of the Microsoft advertising system RRS feed

• Question

• I think Microsoft advertising system has a fatal error. We have developed many windows phone's apps. The highest amount of the impressions per day is over 2,000,000. But it fell 40% since December 18th. It fell 50% after Devember 23th again.
    Microsoft posted an artical named 'Geographic relevance update for Windows Phone ads', which explains the drop of impressions and cpms is the result of Microsoft Advertising recently updated ad serving logic on Windows Phone. And fill rates and CPMs in apps published outside the US will experience a dip. I don't agree with your point. I have a music app. Most users of the app are American. The impressions are often 100,000 per day, but it fell to 20,000 yesterday. I think the update does not only strike the app published outside the US.
    Another point for the problem is the data from other advertising platforms. I added MobFox's ads besides Microsoft. The impressions of MobFox can be increased in the normal situaction when Microsoft advertising's impressions fell. It proves the ads from Microsoft couldn't be shown outside the US.
    But something strange happened yesterday. The impressions of Microsoft and other ad platforms are all low. I think the problem is that Microsoft system didn't estimate the correct impressions in their reporting.
    I hope Microsoft can fix the bug of the reporting and improve their system.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 6:38 AM

All replies

• I found a new problem. The ad requests of my apps fell 50% yesterday, so that impressions is very low. Did anyone have same problem?
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 9:04 AM
  • My impressions gone down from 250,000 daily to 30,000. it's really bad, it's time to change ad provider, or change platform because now making new games/apps is unprofitable.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Before Dec 14th, I had got over 800k impression/day, since that day it has been around 130k/day. I hardly expect anything will be improved because IT IS THE MICROSOFT'S LOGIC.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:24 PM
  • I am experiencing the same problem. My US impressions keeps falling, starting 12/19 and was down 85% yesterday. 

Kevin

• Edited by haitt980 Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:52 PM
  • Same here. US market dropped on 12/18 to only 10 percent from what it was before :(
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

here the same, since this "Geo Fix" the impressions dropped.

Please mark as answer if a post answers your question.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 10:39 AM
  • The impressions and ecpm has dropped 99% yesterday. I don't have confidence in Microsoft advertising. If you don't pay attantion to your work, you will lose a lot of excellent developers and apps. Windows phone will be going down.
    Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:10 AM
  • I believe Microsoft behavours are to discourage Indie Apps. Microsoft only wants "Professional A Star "  Apps and Games on their platforms right now.

So they are not going to bust their gut in sorting out any imporvement to Advertising revenue for us Indie developers.  Microsoft lack of Action on promoting world wide Ad revenues on PubCentre show that they are not interested in supporting Indie Develoeprs.

Rather sad, but at least Xamarin allows us to port our Apps/ Games to Android.  

Silverlight an XNA Fan

Monday, January 6, 2014 10:54 AM
  • I think we need to do something otherways MS will keep pushing (even thow now we are on the edge). We need to act now and show MS that we wont let this be anymore. Without us developing games and programs to boost the market Windows Phone is dead and MS knows that ... now WE need to understand it and act . SHOW THAT WE WONT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I personally am unpublishing all my apps and games as a protest , if things dont change I am SWICHING (famouse Windows Phone ad) to ANDROID !

Siril Dev

Monday, January 6, 2014 4:14 PM