none
How to control a robot arm. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I am working on a project that is using a ssc-32 to control the Servos. The arm is this one: http://www.lynxmotion.com/c-126-al5b.aspx

I got the program working for the most part and the comucation from the computer to the ssc-32. However, my question is how can i write a code that will have the arm moving freely as if i was moving my arms.

For example: If i am waving goodbye, i want the robot arm wave goodbye at the same time.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:28 PM

All replies

• Have you seen the SkeletalViewer sample? it's available for both C++ and C# (installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Microsoft Research KinectSDK Samples\NUI\SkeletalViewer), and it shows how to obtain skeleton joints for human body such that when you move your arms the skeleton joint positions should update accordingly.

You should be able to convert movement of these joints into movement of your robot arm, although maybe you'll have to convert joint positions into joint-to-joint vectors and angles and apply a smoothing function in order to issue stable control commands to your robot. Specifics will depend on your specific setup.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:17 AM