Reading AWS Kinesis data Queue RRS feed

• Question

• User-1814805338 posted

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to read AWS Kinesis data queue from Azure Environment.

Currently I have created a sample custom console project and using AWSSDK to pull messages from Kinesis and putting those messages into EventGrid topic. I have published this complete console project as Web Job on Azure.

But I am looking for some solution and suggestions if anyone has encountered this scenario. The questions are:

1. Amazon has "Kinesis Client Library (KCL)" for .net to read from and write to the queue but, it uses a "daemon" which is written in java, so it requires a java environment. Is there a way to publish KCL on Azure apart from taking a VM and get the environment ready?

The sample code which I have written is not using KCL because of above limitation.

2. Do we have any connector available in Azure to connect to AWS Kinesis queue?

3. Any suggestion based on the scenario described above?

Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:51 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi RavSK,

As far as I know, WebJobs provide environment to run programs written using Java. On the other hand, Azure Web Apps (as well as Mobile App/Services, WebJobs and Functions) run in a secure environment called sandbox, which will not enable us to run installer to setup and customize environment.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, March 9, 2018 3:00 AM
  • User-1814805338 posted

Thank Fei Han. I didn't know it can work without VM. 

But, I think VM would be a cleaner way because, in web job, I have to hardocde the java.exe path 

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:06 PM