less than a second).

This didn't use to be an issue--it's only shown up this past week.  I've
    tried resetting IIS, redeploying the WebService, re installing my app
    on the device, but nothing seems to help.   I don't know how to even go
    about debugging this.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:37 PM

Answers

• As soon as you see that issues, please try reaching WS URL from Pocket IE on device. If you can not, that's probably network problem. Free vxUtils network tool might also be of help.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:28 PM

All replies

• Probably a network issue, e.g. address resolution not working properly or proxy is misconfigured. Please look into recent changes on your network.

Also, it’s a good idea to add recovery/retry logic to your application so it would log WS call failure and retry it few more times before giving up.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:16 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response, Ilya.

I do have retry-logic--every call to the webservice gets tried up to 3 times.  So when I'm getting these exceptions it means it's the third time in a row that it's happened. 

Also, this happens both when my device is on Wifi and when it is cradled and connected to my computer via USB.

I'll check with our IT guys and see if they know of anything that could be causing this.

Do you have any suggestions for how to go about debugging/trouble shooting this?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:20 PM
  • As soon as you see that issues, please try reaching WS URL from Pocket IE on device. If you can not, that's probably network problem. Free vxUtils network tool might also be of help.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:28 PM