none
VS 2015: Duplicate folders when creating a web site project

Question

• I create a web site in Visual Studio only to see that there are two folders generated with the same name with one having (2) added to its name. In the properly named folder, I see Web.config and Web.Debug.config files. In the second folder, I see a .vs folder and the (2).sln file. Creating a new non-website project creates the correct initial folder so I'm not sure why it is only doing it for a web site, and I was at one time able to correctly create a web site while generating a single folder for the site. I have reinstalled VS and still have the same issue.
    Friday, July 1, 2016 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi my friend,

Thank you for your post.

>> I see a .vs folder and the (2).sln file.

Please manually delete the (2).sln file from the file folder URL, then create a new web site application to see if the two folders with same name shows again.

When you create a new website, how about changing the Web location to another place(such as desktop), then check if there are duplicate folders existed.

Besides, please tell us your VS edition and make sure you have installed the newest update.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by WithoutPause Monday, July 11, 2016 6:06 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 9:45 AM