multi-column grid displaying data with editing

Question

• Hi,

I am new to Windows and Windows phone 8.1 platform.

My Requirement is: Displaying data from Sqlite database on UI with Multi-column grid and editing facility both on Windows 8.1 and Windows phone 8.1 UI using XAML/C#

Kindly give a solution : for DISPLAYING MULTI COLUMN DATA with EDIT on UI

Thanks and Regards,

Geetha J Mail me at: geetha.j@3ptec.com

Monday, February 02, 2015 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Geetha,

Take a look at Data binding with XAML , specifically the Binding to collections. Create a GridView or ListView with an ItemTemplate containing your order information (name, quantity, rate) bound to your underlying data.

If you want more specific details you'll need to provide a more detailed, lower level explanation of the data you have and how you want to display it.

--Rob

Saturday, February 07, 2015 3:40 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Geetha,

I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum for you.

What part of this are you having trouble with? In what way do you want to edit what?

You can use a GridView or ListView bound to your data and use a template with multiple columns containing editable controls. You might also consider breaking out of a strict column-based grid and associating like data more naturally.

--Rob

Monday, February 02, 2015 5:39 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Good Morning.. Thanks for review and reply..

My actual application scenario is: (Platform: Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1)

Application is "Item Order Placement" where in the " Item Master Inventory data from  SQLite " is required to be displayed (i.e, ITEM NAME, ITEM QUANTITY and ITEM RATE) on the grid and the customer will place the order for the required ITEM by "Entering the ITEM QUANTITY" submits the order placement.

Please suggest on how to approach to display Item inventory data on Grid and Entering the required data.

Please share any simple example of this kind.

Thanks and Regards,

Geetha J

Mail me: geetha.j@3ptec.com

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 6:02 AM
  • Hi Geetha,

Take a look at Data binding with XAML , specifically the Binding to collections. Create a GridView or ListView with an ItemTemplate containing your order information (name, quantity, rate) bound to your underlying data.

If you want more specific details you'll need to provide a more detailed, lower level explanation of the data you have and how you want to display it.

--Rob

Saturday, February 07, 2015 3:40 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Thank you, will try with the GridView and ItemTemplate as per the guidance.

Will revert back on the implementation, thanks.

Thanks and Regards,

Geetha J

Sunday, February 08, 2015 3:49 PM