none
How сan a developer automate a reguler upgrade of his application for all of its users ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I am a beginning soft développer. Nowadays I am upgrading my applications manually for its every user. There should be a possibility to have this done automatically.
    In what direction can I search the solution, please ? 
    Monday, February 20, 2017 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What project do you develop? An VSTO add-in or Office add-in?

If you are developing VSTO add-ins, you could deploy your application by using ClickOnce. Please visit Choosing a Deployment Strategy. The application could be updated automatically when deploying by ClickOnce.

If you are developing Office add-ins, please visit Deploy and publish your Office Add-in. You may publish your manifest to

• Office 365 admin center preview - Use to distribute your add-in to users in your organization in a cloud or hybrid deployment.
    • Office Store - Use to distribute your add-in publicly to users.
    • SharePoint catalog - Use as part of your development process to test your add-in, or, in an on-premises environment, to distribute your add-in to users in your organization.

If there are updates in your manifest, you need to re-upload your manifest firstly. If there are updates in your web application, the applications on user-side would be updated automatically.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:59 AM