making the radio button to have circular borders with some thickness RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added few radio buttons in my application but since it does not have a circular border it seems like there does nt exist a radio button.

So, want to provide a circular border to the radio button to indicate the user the existence of radio button.

Any help for it.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:30 PM

Answers

• try blend open it then in windows reset workspace 

then inobjects you can see radiobutton control --> right click it --> edit template edit a copy --> put in generic.xaml or same page as resource

then there default radiobutton states will be available like on click or hover etc each state change the background nd i think a canvas[in defualt] change should make it view proper

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Naveen,

Blend could be a nice thing for you, additionally a short tutorial can be used here: Example Metro app /WinRT: How to change the style of the radiobutton.

Best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Here's what you could do once you're in the style template. I added the BorderEllipse as a red circular border with thickness:

<Grid VerticalAlignment="Top">
        <Ellipse x:Name="BackgroundEllipse"
                    ... />
        <Ellipse x:Name="CheckGlyph"
                    ... />
        <Rectangle x:Name="FocusVisualWhite"
                    ... />
        <Ellipse x:Name="BorderEllipse"
                    Fill="Transparent"
                    Height="24"
                    Stroke="Red"
                    StrokeThickness="3"
                    UseLayoutRounding="False"
                    Width="24" />
    </Grid>

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 11:45 AM

All replies

• try blend open it then in windows reset workspace 

then inobjects you can see radiobutton control --> right click it --> edit template edit a copy --> put in generic.xaml or same page as resource

then there default radiobutton states will be available like on click or hover etc each state change the background nd i think a canvas[in defualt] change should make it view proper

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Naveen,

Blend could be a nice thing for you, additionally a short tutorial can be used here: Example Metro app /WinRT: How to change the style of the radiobutton.

Best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Here's what you could do once you're in the style template. I added the BorderEllipse as a red circular border with thickness:

<Grid VerticalAlignment="Top">
        <Ellipse x:Name="BackgroundEllipse"
                    ... />
        <Ellipse x:Name="CheckGlyph"
                    ... />
        <Rectangle x:Name="FocusVisualWhite"
                    ... />
        <Ellipse x:Name="BorderEllipse"
                    Fill="Transparent"
                    Height="24"
                    Stroke="Red"
                    StrokeThickness="3"