Transfer app from one company to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I transfer an app from one company account to another without messing thing up for the people how bought/downloaded the app.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:16 AM

Answers

• You have to contact support through support tickets system. And if you can prove that another account acquired your apps officially, they will move them.
    • Marked as answer by Will_MS Friday, October 18, 2013 2:18 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• Apps cannot be moved.  You have to publish under the new account.  This will be a new app with a new product ID entirely separate from the existing app.  If you want to keep existing customers happy, you will have to keep the existing app published under the old account (and keep the old account active).
    • Proposed as answer by dwelzel Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:36 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Will_MS Friday, October 18, 2013 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:22 PM
  • Thank you.

That's too bad.

So there's really no good way for another company to take over a certain app? I would have guessed it to be a relatively common for a company to for instance by the rights of an app.

• Edited by tairon Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:44 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:44 AM
  • I want to ask same question.

Current company could be closed soon, so I am already thinking about moving applications to another company. If there is no way to do it, I mean NO WAY physically, then this is bad.

How we can keep alive old account if company will be closed? Who will receive money?

Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Also interested about this topic...

OK, lets think about this kind of a scenario: Mr X has done an app "ABC" and published it. For some reason he is no more able to continue developing the app. He want to sell or move all the rights of the app for some other person or company and keep people (who have loaded the app) satisfied. To keep update link alive the product ID should remain the same.

Of course there is a possibility to update existing app with a notice that the app "ABC" will no more be updated and the new app is "CDE". Still there is a problem, those who have loaded the "ABC" app have to pay for "CDE" app, because the link from "ABC" to "CDE" app has broken due the different product ID.

On my mind, a possibility to do this kind of owner arrangements for apps is a must.

Monday, September 23, 2013 12:25 PM
  • I have the same question.

I want to transfer my app to another developer and his account. If there is no online methode, then could you, Microsoft guys, do it manually in your systems?

If I give you my account id and the new developer's id, can't you transfer the app that way?

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:21 PM
  • You have to contact support through support tickets system. And if you can prove that another account acquired your apps officially, they will move them.
    • Marked as answer by Will_MS Friday, October 18, 2013 2:18 PM
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Hey,

Question about your answer - I am facing the same situation, how would one open such a support ticket?

I can't find a support ticketing system anywhere in my Windows Phone DevCenter site.

Regards, Shai Petel.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:20 PM