none
MFC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am new to this forum . In these days I am trying to develop the Phone Directory Application in MFC . And I am New to the MFC . I have some Questions that i want all of you to answer according to your work experience.

1-> First Of all the designing that i want when the applications starts then the at first the titile of the phone Directory is displaces on the First Window which is our Main Window.

2-> Second I want when i Click Some Menu Entry Like Search Phoen Num then on clicking it another Window get Displaced

Similary in this way many other other windows get diplaced on pressing the Menu enteries according to their name and functionality.

Actually i am stuck in that how this is possible , if some one have knowledge about that please help me , and i beleive that there are knowledgeable person in that forums i hope from them to guide me to the right way as i am Beginner to the MFC .

Thanks

Muhammad Ahsan
    Email:ahsanm45@yahoo.com

• Moved by Rob Pan Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:10 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did this application run on the Windows, or Windows Mobile?

1-> First Of all the designing that i want when the applications starts then the at first the titile of the phone Directory is displaces on the First Window which is our Main Window.

I suggest you to use the Dialog based template in the MFC Application Wizard, so that you can some additional dialogs.

2-> Second I want when i Click Some Menu Entry Like Search Phoen Num then on clicking it another Window get Displaced

You can use CListCtrl Class to display the phone number.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies

• Most of the windows you will display will be dialogs, based on class CDialog.  This page will help you learn how to display dialogs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s97b2305.aspx

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it seems that you want to develop a MFC application mobile device. So I will move it to the correct forum for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rob 

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Hello,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did this application run on the Windows, or Windows Mobile?

I suggest you to use the Dialog based template in the MFC Application Wizard, so that you can some additional dialogs.

You can use CListCtrl Class to display the phone number.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:19 AM