none
WP Silverlight - Error installing App with Package Size ~ 70Mb

Question

• Hello there,

We have a WP Silverlight app which include ~2000 internal pdf files but the package size goes around 70Mb (Under the 100Mb limit size). We are able to publish the app with all those pdf but anyone is able to download it and we dont know the reason. 

Temporaly, we remove these files in order to test it, we were able to publish it and we can also download it and install it in our phones...the app size today -without these internal pdf files- takes around 6Mb...

Anyone has an idea what could go wrong having all these internal files in the package?

Thank you very much in advance ! 

Friday, March 31, 2017 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>We are able to publish the app with all those pdf but anyone is able to download it and we dont know the reason. 

According to your description, I guess you miss a "not" before the "able". The problem is that the users cannot download the app if you include the internal pdf files in the package, am I correct?

If so, can you share the specific error message the Store displays so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Hi Mattew, Thank you very much for you quick answer. Yes, you are correct, the problem is exactly that, the user cannot download the app if all the internal pdf files are included in the package.....and not, I didn't forget the "not" before the "able" because the funny thing is that: WP Store accept & publish the app but we can't download, when we try we get the "0x80240024" error... At some point, we opened a ticket into the Dev Account and after many email's exchange, we were told to do this: *Download Field Medic from the Store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/field-medic/9wzdncrfjb82) *Start Field Medic *Tap "Start Logging" *Exit the app (the logging should continue in the background) *Reproduce the issue in the app *Go back to Field Medic *Stop logging (tap first entry) *Name the log, "Logs" or similar and save it *View the log We did it but nothing, the log is not "understable" for us... so, we decided to publish the app without the internal pdf files...(maybe we stil have the log, I could look it if that could help...) Thx again, lmt
    • Edited by lienmt Monday, April 3, 2017 1:15 PM format
    Monday, April 3, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hi again Mattew, any idea and/or advice for us? We still have the same issue...
    Monday, May 15, 2017 12:47 PM