SharePoint and Safari on iPads RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

We are a school using SharePoint 2010 and now we are moving into the use of iPads with many of our students and teachers.

I have tested my SharePoint site in a variety of browsers (IE, Safari, Firefox) on the PC and it works fine. However, when trying to open the SharePoint site on an iPad in Safari, it works really badly. It starts to load the page, prompts for authentication (twice), the 'loading' bar progresses to nearly the end and gets stuck. The page itself doesn't fully load, you can't do anything by clicking on the links and buttons that have appeared.

Firstly, I can't understand why it prompts for authentication twice. I do not get this experience in any browser on the PC.

I've just downloaded Chrome on my iPad and my SharePoint site works completely fine, loads correctly and only prompts for authentication once. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the issues we're experiencing with SharePoint and Safari on iPads?

Many thanks in advance

Daniel

Sunday, September 9, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

• No problem at all.

I realize it is a different experience but I think it is more efficient. The users main goal is working with content and not looking at a nice SharePoint design. The use of SharePlus will work faster and user friendly then the iPad browsers.

SharePlus comes with an Enterprise version that supports customization. That could work for the adoption process for your users.

I also wrote an article for the DIWUG magazine about this:

http://www.diwug.nl/e-magazines/pages/default.aspx

DIWUG SharePoint eMagazine #6 - March 2012

Blog: www.jasperoosterveld.com Twitter: @SharePTJasper

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:25 AM

All replies