none
How can we get more detailed usage data for our account? RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a very large enterprise.  We have a Bing Maps account, but I'm not the direct contact for that account.  I know the account number, but that's about all.

We recently received a "Usage exceeded Terms of Use limits" email, and we're scrambling to fully understand it and mitigate the problem.

We need more information from Bing about this.  The first simple question we have is what period does this cover?  The email simply says that our usage was a particular number, and our limit was another particular number.  It doesn't say what period this covers.  Does our account specify usage for a day, week, month, or a year, or something else?  The email provides no clue to that.

Once we get an answer to that question, it would also be very useful to us to get more detailed statistics over the prescribed period.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

There will be an MSA (https://account.microsoft.com/account) associated with your Bing Maps account.  With that you can sign in to the Bing Maps Portal and see the detailed usages for each key in your account.

For all questions regarding your license, and help on the email you received, please email MapLic@Microsoft.com.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:05 PM
    Owner
  • Bing Maps generally specifies usage limits that are valid for year. So your account likely exceeded the free limits at some point within a 12 month period (likely ended close to when you received the email). Note that it is likely that you significantly surpassed the limits as accounts that "just go over the limits" are generally not sent emails. (or at least they weren't when I used to work on the Bing Maps team). You can see your usage on the Bing Maps portal at https://www.bingmapsportal.com/ unless you license Bing Maps through the Azure Marketplace which doesn't provide any usage reports.

You may also want to consider using Microsofts newer enterprise mapping platform, Azure Maps, which provides higher free usage limits, lower costs, and a lot more. Here are some useful resources:

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:14 AM
    Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:14 AM