Showing Calculated Fields RRS feed

• Question

• None of my Properties that are calculated show up when I use the screen designer. I'm using C# HTML template in visual studio 2013 to make a grocery list app. How do I make them show up as fields on the screen it is important information.
    Monday, July 6, 2015 10:15 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately the HTML client does not support standard LS "calculated fields" in the same way the Silverlight client does, that is why you do not see them in the HTML screen designer. So you cannot declare calculated fields on the server entity and implement those in C# and have them appear in the HTML client.

There are a number of work-around techniques that have been discussed on the forum in the past so you should easily be able to search for those.

HTH

Regards, Xander. My Blog

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:07 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately the HTML client does not support standard LS "calculated fields" in the same way the Silverlight client does, that is why you do not see them in the HTML screen designer. So you cannot declare calculated fields on the server entity and implement those in C# and have them appear in the HTML client.

There are a number of work-around techniques that have been discussed on the forum in the past so you should easily be able to search for those.

HTH

Regards, Xander. My Blog

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:07 AM
  • Thank you this was my first go at an HTML app of my own I am much more comfortable with Silverlight even though it is a dying format. I find it is much less limited by what it can access and easier to program for.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:07 AM
  • I'm going to move this app to a Silverlight based one because I have access to the file system and can more easily make calculated fields.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:18 PM