none
Multi Select Parameters from drop down menus RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning Gurus,

I am using Expression Web 3 to create reports off of SQL Server 2005, and am finaley getting things running smoooooothly thanks to all the help I have received so far, Everyone has been awesome!!

What  I need assistance with is creating parametrized drop down menus that allow the user to select more then one variable. So if my drop down holds a parameter for months, I would like them to be able pick just one month or all 12 months or any combination of months. 

THANK YOU in advance!!

Karen

Monday, May 24, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try:

<select name="months" multiple="multiple" size="5">
    	<option value="1">1</option>
    	<option value="2">2</option>
    	<option value="3">3</option>
    	<option value="4">4</option>
    	<option value="5">5</option>
    </select>

Notice the multiple parameter

--
    Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP
    On Facebook | On Twitter | Resource Center | Veign's Blog | Web Development Help

Get a Complete Website Analysis by Veign
    Monday, May 24, 2010 3:24 PM
  •  

Thanks, I get that will give me multi items in the drop down. I guess I didn't explain it well enough. So let me add:

I start here for my gridview:

SELECT        MeetingDate, DATEPART(mm, MeetingDate) AS Month, DATEPART(yy, MeetingDate) AS Year, Locality, LocationName, StreetAddress, CityState, Attendance
    FROM            Meeting
    WHERE        (DATEPART(mm, MeetingDate) IN (@Month)) AND (DATEPART(yy, MeetingDate) IN (@Year)) AND (Locality IN (@Locality)) AND (Locality <> 'Test Locality')
    ORDER BY MeetingDate

My Month dropdown has:

SELECT DISTINCT DATEPART(mm, MeetingDate) AS Month
    FROM Meeting
    ORDER BY DATEPART(mm, MeetingDate)    

which gives me the numbers !, 2, 3, etc...

I would like my user to be able to either "Select All" or "1, 3. 5" not just a single month at a time. (Similar to what can be done with SSRS 2205)

Thanks!!!

Monday, May 24, 2010 7:54 PM
  • I have no idea what SSR 2205 is....Sounds like you need to head over to the ASP.NET forum (http://forums.asp.net/) as its appear to be an ASP.NET control question.

--
    Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP
    On Facebook | On Twitter | Resource Center | Veign's Blog | Web Development Help

Get a Complete Website Analysis by Veign
    Monday, May 24, 2010 8:00 PM
  • Sorry for the typo, that would be SQL Server Reporting Services 2005, and Thanks for the help, I will try the ASP.net forum. :)

Karen

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:32 AM