Asp.net Reporting controls other than any third party software RRS feed

• Question

• User1244908555 posted

Hellow readers. I've developed Web based POS for which i have developed reports in Crystal reports. But i've to shift my reports from Crystal reports to simple presentable form of data i.e. asp.net controls showing data formatted. i've seen an commerical website at Xero.com where they have used the controls for reporting purpose not any reporting tool. What i want to know is that is there any way that we can achieve our goal i.e. creating reports without using any reporting but only controls of asp.net that are way way formatted much like reported created with the help of reporting tool. You guidance will be appreciated. thank you very much.

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

• User-1635004338 posted

Hi,

GridView or ListView will be the choice, but you have to add custom functionality to controls by yourself in order to meet the requirements for reporting.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:54 AM

All replies

• User-1584739829 posted

Are you looking for runtime reports? Runtime reports all users to add/remove columns as well as custom formulas. Pleae let me know more details about requirements.

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:34 PM
  • User1244908555 posted

The columns of the reports are not dynamic but other options like sorting order or parameter options. As far as the columns of the query is concerned , it'll remain the same for the report. Another thing that is bugging me is do i have to create webform each time while creating a new report because we report has its own formatting. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:01 AM
  • User-1635004338 posted

Hi,

GridView or ListView will be the choice, but you have to add custom functionality to controls by yourself in order to meet the requirements for reporting.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:54 AM