Column width will not resize and character limit issues RRS feed

• Question

• My field sizes are fixed in my database to a certain number of characters.     I am trying to set each column in lightswitch to display a fixed size by characters as well as prevent data entry beyond those character limits.      However it seems to ignore my settings.

Each column width is set to the proper number of characters yet it displays them evenly spaced.

Each field has the proper field size defined but when entering data I can go beyond those limits and don't receive an error until I try to save.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Zoldy

Since I can't reproduce your issue on my side, you can provide me with your scenario below, or you could post the error message you got, perhaps it can give some hints why this happens.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:45 AM
  • SQL database with a field as an example field one type nchar(15) ... when imported into my application is imported as a string with a max length of 15 .... this is all correct.

however when entering data into the field it allows you to enter more then 15 characters and does not give an error message until you try to save.    I want to prevent users from entering more than 15 characters

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:39 AM