none
Word 2007 Margin conversion from inch to pixels RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am currently developing Word 2007 wih openXML.  I looked at the document.xml file in the <w:sectPr> the <w:pgSz w:w="12240" w:h="15840" />  I would like to know what unit is this represent?  Is it in pixels?  If so, then does this mean 1 inch = 1440 pixels?
    Please help, as my application needs to know how to convert to this number either from inch or pixels .

At the sametime, I also would like to know the conversion for the imageSize in pixels.  When I looked at the document.xml which I added a picture to it and by default it has this number in <wp:extent cx="1905000" cy="1428750"> could you please explain to me what are those number represent in?  Is is pixels (micro-pixels)..... 

Is there a documentation that I can read regarding these topics?

Thanks in advance.
    betty
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Betty,

You should look up the 2.18.105 section of Ecma spec: Office Open XML part4: Markup Language Reference. also Office 2007 Implementer notes documented the deviations between the ECMA spec and the Office behaviors.

Besides, could you explain what solution are you building around the SDK and what's the user scenario? Thanks!

Shuangshuang (MS)
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:59 AM