windows store api to access metro and phone apps information

Question

• Hi All,

May I know is there any official microsoft api for metro and phone apps which we can connect and get information about apps, downloads, publishers etc.

I think live api is only for app to connect with skydrive, hotmail or skype.

I can see lots of website providing such information on their website with download link etc.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Shyam Sunder Tinwar,

As far as I know there is no official Windows Store API at this point.

Could you please elaborate which particular API you look for and how it would help you? We can help you log the information and deliver to the appropriate team.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:02 AM

All replies

As far as I know there is no official Windows Store API at this point.

Could you please elaborate which particular API you look for and how it would help you? We can help you log the information and deliver to the appropriate team.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hi Min,

I was looking to create a website addressing hot metro apps etc. In order to accomplish that we should have some api at microsoft end where we can get information of apps in metro store.

I can lots of website doing that.

thanks for you help.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:33 AM

Thanks for the quick update.

We will report this to appropriate team for further triage.

Best regards,

Min Zhu

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:58 AM
  • how i will come to know about discussion of your team?
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:10 AM

If there is any information available to public, they will be updated on the Windows Store or MSDN websites.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Min Zhu

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:55 AM
  • I would also like to develop an app which helps to surface particular apps from the Windows Store. Has there been any progress with a public web API for querying the Windows Store? If not, is there a recommended approach to gaining programmatic access to the marketplace's offerings?

Best,

Vinney

Friday, August 2, 2013 9:48 PM
  • While it is not an official API - we have something that is pretty close: Windows 8 Apps Marketplace Explorer. If you are interested in our data - ping me (http://jujubasoftware.com/about-us/).

As far as download counts go - this data is available only to app publishers as it should be. there are ways to roughly estimate it from category rankings, but it is not exact

Friday, August 2, 2013 9:57 PM
  • Sunday, August 4, 2013 7:30 PM