none
WindowsFilteringPlatform_Tests is failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing Tests for my WFP Filter Driver. The Tests "WindowsFilteringPlatform_Tests" Fails. Here's an excerpt from the log (.wtl):

Start Test 11/9/2015 11:45:40.460 AM +SUB_VAR+ 1 : FwpmProviders_MaintainIdentifying FwpmProviders.MaintainIdentifying: Company Name or Product Names are undefined [g_pCompanyName: G Data Software AG][g_pProductName: NULL]
    End Test 11/9/2015 11:45:40.460 AM +SUB_VAR+ 1 : FwpmProviders_MaintainIdentifying FwpmProviders.MaintainIdentifying: Company Name or Product Names are undefined [g_pCompanyName: G Data Software AG][g_pProductName: NULL]
    Result: Fail

Thle log states "Company Name or Product Names are undefined". But I *do* provide a Product-Name. My WFPLogo.info starts like this:

#######################################
    #                                     #
    #        Provider Information         #
    #                                     #
    #######################################
       CompanyName = "G Data Software AG";
       ProductName = "G Data Internet Security";

So what's wrong here?

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:35 AM

All replies

• Exactly the same issue as my buddy from G-Data on Windows 10 Clients using HLK version 10.0.26752.

The same driver was tested and achieved the certification on Windows 8 and 8.1. The xml output from "netsh wfp show filters" shows that the provider is registered on the system as Microsoft requires. The only difference in my test setup is the new HLK, which weirdly can only read the CompanyName half of the function, but not the ProductName.

Could you please look into this as soon as you can and provide a quick patch? I've tried looking for workarounds but found none so far...

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 7:11 PM
  • I've received feedback from MS saying that the issue should be fixed in the Nov 2015 refresh of the HLK kit.

Get it from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=404112

Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:19 AM