UI virtualization "noticeable" by user

Question

• say I have

"A B C D E |F G H| I J K L M N" in a gridview, UI virtualization is on.

Now I am looking at F G H, and scroll right. Then I found UI virtualization "noticeable", meaning that I am supposed to see I, but in could see B in I's position, then quickly B is swaped by I, but it's still noticeable.

What is the potential reason of having this? (high CPU/ memory usage? ) Is there a way to eliminate this condition?

Thanks,

Helin

Friday, January 11, 2013 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Helin,

I have never seen this before. If the issue is critical, try setting VirtualizingStackPanel.VirtualizationMode to Standard on your gridview. I think it would eliminate this problem since the container won't be recycled.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 14, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Hi Min,

Thanks for answering, I tried your solution changing VirtualizationMode to Standard with VirtualizingStackPanel. The problem still happens.

I think the reason it is happening is I have changed the margin of ItemContainerStyle of gridview.

<Style TargetType="GridViewItem">
      <Setter Property="Margin" Value="0,0,-8,0"/>

Also, even if VirtualizationMode does help, it could not help me because I need WrapGrid to fill multiple rows while VirtualizingStackPanel can just fill in one row.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:56 PM