none
Need XSD for EDIFACT ORDERS D01B EDI To XML Conversion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on a BizTalk project that requires EDIFACT Orders D10B to XML conversion. Hence, I am looking for schema that can be used for this conversion. The EDIFACT schema that comes out of the box with BizTalk Server 2009 is missing datatypes and tablevalues schema hence the EDI conversion is failing validation against schema. I would appreciate if anyone could share the datatypes & tablevalues schema or guide how to resolve this error. Wondering if the EDIFACT schema that comes out of the box with BizTalk Server 2009 can even be used for this purpose?

Thanks in advance,

TarunM

Friday, June 6, 2014 12:48 PM

Answers

• The EDIFACT Schemas that ships with BizTalk Server 2009 complies 100% with the UN specification. If you are experiencing validation failures it is either because your EDIFACT documents don't comply with the UN standard, or you are receiving newer versions than what ships with BizTalk Server 2009.

What you will need to do then is to alter your existing Schemas (expand enumerations etc.) to comply with the messages.

And yes I use the out-of-the-box Schemas everyday, sometimes have to alter them, other times have to call up trading partners telling them that they don't know the first thing about EDIFACT and have them comply with the rule set given by UN :-)

Morten la Cour

• Proposed as answer by Johns-305MVP Friday, June 6, 2014 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:20 AM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 12:53 PM

All replies

• The EDIFACT Schemas that ships with BizTalk Server 2009 complies 100% with the UN specification. If you are experiencing validation failures it is either because your EDIFACT documents don't comply with the UN standard, or you are receiving newer versions than what ships with BizTalk Server 2009.

What you will need to do then is to alter your existing Schemas (expand enumerations etc.) to comply with the messages.

And yes I use the out-of-the-box Schemas everyday, sometimes have to alter them, other times have to call up trading partners telling them that they don't know the first thing about EDIFACT and have them comply with the rule set given by UN :-)

Morten la Cour

• Proposed as answer by Johns-305MVP Friday, June 6, 2014 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:20 AM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi Morten la Cour,

Thanks for your reply. I see the EDIFACT Orders D01B out-of-the-box schema does not have any values for any of the code list. For example, UNH 2.5 as per the EDIFACT specifications can have a value EAN010. However, the schema doesn't have this value. Hence, the EDI message is failing validation.

I have worked with HL7 schemas and I recall we had to import segments, datatypes, and tablevalues schemas in order for the HL7 schema to recognize data types and code lists.

Your thoughts please?

Thanks,

Tarun

Friday, June 6, 2014 2:43 PM

• The UNH 2.5 element is of type EDIFACT_AN (1,6) which means it can hold any alphanumeric characters from 1 to 6 characters length!

This is EXACTLY what the UN specification is saying it should be:

http://www.stylusstudio.com/edifact/40100/UNH_.htm

There is not supposed to be a codelist for 2.5, where do you see this?

Morten la Cour

• Edited by la Cour Friday, June 6, 2014 2:53 PM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 2:53 PM