Expression Design and Publisher RRS feed

• Question

• How can I get Expression Design to work with Publisher?

I've created vector art in Expression Design and now I want to bring it into Publisher. There doesn't seem to be any export method that Publisher will open besides bitmaps.
    David Diskin
    Monday, March 24, 2008 2:58 AM

Answers

• David,

You are correct. Publisher will import or allow copy/paste of bitmap images, but not real vector objects. Some graphics files will be brought into Publisher through filters.

There's a good help topic item titled "Graphics file formats and filters" that will explain this better.

Will
    David Diskin said:

How can I get Expression Design to work with Publisher?

I've created vector art in Expression Design and now I want to bring it into Publisher. There doesn't seem to be any export method that Publisher will open besides bitmaps.

David Diskin

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:35 PM

All replies

• David,

You are correct. Publisher will import or allow copy/paste of bitmap images, but not real vector objects. Some graphics files will be brought into Publisher through filters.

There's a good help topic item titled "Graphics file formats and filters" that will explain this better.

Will
    David Diskin said:

How can I get Expression Design to work with Publisher?

David Diskin

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:35 PM
  • This problem seems to persist with Expression Design 4 and Publisher 2010.

I understand that this is probably a tough one as two separate development teams are involved, but is it possible to have this considered as a feature request for future versions of the product(s)?

Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:05 PM