Report error- wrong rdl file, possibly due to renaming report RRS feed

• Question

• When I run particular report preview in Visual Studio, it executes correctly but there is an error stating that an unrelated rdl file can't be found. The path and file name are valid but not related to the report being run. The report has recently been renamed but the old name was not the name mentioned either. I have searched the report definition XML (rdl) file and the solution XML (sln) file but neither has the erroneous file in it. I haven't checked the reports database yet. It seems that somewhere, somehow an incorrect link to an unrelated rdl has been stored in the report configuration.

R Campbell

Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi R Camplell,

Could you please share the screenshot of the mentioned error?

Also you could provide related SSRS log for the error, that would be very helpful to locate the issue.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Sorry for the delay in replying. Below is a screenshot of the error message as seen in VS. This RDL filr exists but has nothing to do with the report being run. It doesn't seem to affect the execution of the report.

I couldn't find a log file. Can you tell me where to look for it please? Does logging need to be enabled in some way?

R Campbell

Thursday, December 12, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hi, 

You could right click project -- add existed item. Open the .rdl again by choosing it from the patch again.

This would not be recorded in ssrs log since it is only VS preview.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hi, 

You could right click project -- add existed item. Open the .rdl again by choosing it from the patch again.

This would not be recorded in ssrs log since it is only VS preview.

Lukas

I think that I have already done this. I removed the rdl from the project then use add existing item to add it back in. I will do this again on Monday, just to be sure.

R Campbell

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:31 PM
  • Hi R Campbell,

Did you resolved this issue?

Could you share us the further process?

Friday, December 20, 2019 12:49 AM