none
Biztalk EDI application issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

We're having a problem with a Biztalk EDI application that just started the other day after working normally for a while.

In the event log we get two related error messages:

The event viewer is showing 2 messages, as follows:

A request-response for the "HTTP" adapter at receive location "/EDI_Invoices/BTSHTTPReceive.dll" has timed out before a response could be delivered.

And

A message received by adapter "HTTP" on receive location "AS2_Invoice_Receive_MDN_Send_Receive_Location" with URI "/EDI_Invoices/BTSHTTPReceive.dll" is suspended.

Error details: Unknown Error Description 

MessageId:  {05192D1A-CCB9-4909-B071-B16DC3A1069F}

InstanceID: {595DC26B-2AD6-4A3B-81B8-78D3A092FB55}

As far as we know nothing has changed in opur enviroment, certainly not in our code and the process has worked for ages, it just stopped yesterday.

Anyone got any ideas of things we could try to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Kieran

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:37 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you must have the AS2 party configured for synchronous MDN and for some large message it timed out prior to sending the MDN. Is this correct?

You might try using an asychronous MDN instead. I think there are also some timeouts you can extend. I would check with your VAN logging (if you are using a VAN) and try to replay the transaction to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:24 AM
  • Kieran,

Since this has been working fine, you shouldn't need to change your AS2 settings. Check the expiration date on your certificate and your trading partner's certificate. Check with your trading partner to verify their AS2 is working. If both these check out, check the IIS logs to see if there is more information on why the HTTP adapter timed out.

Sid
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:45 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you must have the AS2 party configured for synchronous MDN and for some large message it timed out prior to sending the MDN. Is this correct?

You might try using an asychronous MDN instead. I think there are also some timeouts you can extend. I would check with your VAN logging (if you are using a VAN) and try to replay the transaction to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:24 AM
  • Kieran,

Since this has been working fine, you shouldn't need to change your AS2 settings. Check the expiration date on your certificate and your trading partner's certificate. Check with your trading partner to verify their AS2 is working. If both these check out, check the IIS logs to see if there is more information on why the HTTP adapter timed out.

Sid
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:45 PM