App stuck in Processing Certification - since Aug 6 RRS feed

• Question

• My son's first app (he's 11) was submitted August 6.  Still shows as Processing Certification 8 days later (Aug 14 now).

When can he expect either a pass or fail?  (I thought service level objective was 5 days, has this changed?)

Kevin

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• I noticed the same thing with one of my apps being stuck in Processing Certification since August 8th, it looks like they're not approving anything until they fix a bug in their new marketplace.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/microsoft-puts-windows-phone-app-publishing-temporary-hold-hiccups-marketplace-upgrade/

“We’ve run into an issue with the digital certificates used to sign apps, and this is preventing some phones from installing some apps published during the last couple of days,” Microsoft’s Mazhar Mohammed wrote on the Windows Phone blog today. As a result of the bug, Mohammed writes that the company has decided to temporarily stop publishing new apps in the Windows Phone marketplace.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Seeing the same thing here.   I have an app that was submitted on August 4th, and it's still in 'processing certification'.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Ya, I was getting worried until I read all the threads about the problem Microsoft is having right now.  I have 2 updates submitted on August 8, and they are still stuck in the queue.  I also have 2 beta apps that have not hit the marketplace, and it's been like 4 days now.  Usually only takes up to 48 hours for a beta to show up.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:06 AM
  • Thankfully, I am seeing some indication from other posts that apps are getting approved.  Some before, some after me.  My app is fairly complex so perhaps just takes a little longer?

I submitted (non beta / manually publish) on Sun 8/4 and still showing as "processing cert".  Anybody else in the same boat?  Earlier in the week, it went back to signing and then back to processing.  Unlike others, I'm not seeing anything in analytics indicating testing is being done...

I will post to forum when I finally get a response but patiently waiting.  I'd appreciate hearing from others once approved and when they submitted.  I think we would all feel better just knowing it is progressing or what the estimated wait time is...  

I've asked and never seen a response,  are approvals done 24/7?  Do they use live devices?   Do emails get sent out immediately?   I'm finding myself checking at all hours of the day/night and looking at pubcenter for any impressions etc...

Should I submit a trouble ticket after 14 days?  If so, what is the proper channel...

Ed

Friday, August 17, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Fast_Eddie...

me too I have submited an update for my software and since 8/7 or 8/8 (cant remember exactly), it writes that is processing certification. Including today, there has been 8 or 9 business days. As far as I know (or at least I observed), the certification days are business days and I usually get a pass or fail email at evenings in my country and never in the morning (so I don't bother checking continuously).

Efthymios Kalyviotis

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:12 PM
  • You guys are lucky, we're stuck since 7/20, gonna be a month soon! Champagne!
    Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:58 AM
  • Thankfully, I am seeing some indication from other posts that apps are getting approved.  Some before, some after me.  My app is fairly complex so perhaps just takes a little longer?

I submitted (non beta / manually publish) on Sun 8/4 and still showing as "processing cert".  Anybody else in the same boat?  Earlier in the week, it went back to signing and then back to processing.  Unlike others, I'm not seeing anything in analytics indicating testing is being done...

I will post to forum when I finally get a response but patiently waiting.  I'd appreciate hearing from others once approved and when they submitted.  I think we would all feel better just knowing it is progressing or what the estimated wait time is...  

I've asked and never seen a response,  are approvals done 24/7?  Do they use live devices?   Do emails get sent out immediately?   I'm finding myself checking at all hours of the day/night and looking at pubcenter for any impressions etc...

Should I submit a trouble ticket after 14 days?  If so, what is the proper channel...

Ed

Don't bother looking at dev center for downloads.  They are ALWAYS delayed by multiple days.  You will have the email long before that.

If you really want to see when people test it add something like Flurry (http://flurry.com) as analytics to your app.  I can always see when they test my apps on a Nokia 610, then a Nokia 800.  Then a 2-12 hours later I get an email.

It still takes 24-48 hours after that for real users to see the app in the marketplace.  I hope they are working on speeding that up.  When your app first gets published you are dying to tell people about it and you KNOW it is approved...  But people can't see it.

I posted an app update the same day you did your post and it has been approved (today).

Jason Short

Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:56 AM
  • Hi all,

The issue and resolution are detailed in this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpsubmit/thread/c8130598-715e-4277-918f-438a14111134

We're really sorry about the delays. Once the backlog in the testing queue has cleared certification turnaround times will resume as normal (within 5 business days).

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:46 AM
  • J Short... Thanks.  This is exactly what I was looking to hear.  I will try to implement.  Why can't Microsoft just notify us...  You indicate you got your results today (Sat) ...So are certs being issued around the clock and weekends?

Danny G... As you can see in the link you provided, I have been actively checking / following the forum for updates AND waiting patiently as many of the comments/questions are from me... 

Please look at this from a developers prospective... Your app seemingly goes back to the beginning of the process, trouble tickets get rejected, no feedback what so ever that any progress is being made, others who submit afterwards are getting certs. 

All we ask is that you just provide some feedback and not just the company line that "we are sorry / be patient".  Give us status updates, tell us the current queue / turnaround, how many apps were reviewed by day etc...

Ed

Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:03 PM