none
Change default fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to change the names of default project level fields of Ms Project Server such as Start Date, Project notes etc. However, i couldn't find any option in MS Project Server 2010 to change the default field names. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:34 PM

All replies

• Abhijit PS,

Sorry, you can rename custom fields (e.g. Start1, Finish1, Text1, etc.) but you can't permanently change them. With normal fixed Project fields (e.g. Start, Notes, Duration, etc.) you cannot rename them but you can change the column title.

John

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:18 PM
  • Hello Abhijiit,

Sorry to say. .that you cannot rename those default or standard field in MSP. You can only rename those custom field from 1 to 10 and other field that you can see in FOrmat Tab -> Custom Field.

regards,

Ely^^,

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

It depends on what you want to achieve with the fields renaming!? One option you have is to change the label for the fields displayed through Project Center/Project views!

The you will need some JavaScript etc. to change the labels on the PDP and rename the columns in MS Project as needed

I would personally try to avoid re-labelling the fields as it will create confusion if you miss to update some views/reports etc.

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:25 PM