Workflow Service with <serviceActivations> RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a basic Workflow Service with only a Receive and Send activity.

I added this to the web.config :

<services>
          <service name="Service1">
            <endpoint address="" binding="basicHttpBinding" name="ManageEvent_BasicHttp_Endpoint" contract="IService"/>
            <endpoint address="mex" binding="mexHttpBinding" name="CloseTask_Mex_Endpoint" contract="IMetadataExchange" />
          </service>
        </services>

The wsdl is accecible and I can call the service.

I'd like to change the xamlx extension to svc and change the base address of the service.

So, I added the following to the config file :

<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true">
          <serviceActivations>
            <add relativeAddress="~/test/Service1.svc" service="Service1.xamlx" factory="System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory"/>
          </serviceActivations>
        </serviceHostingEnvironment>

Then I get the following error when I try to call the service :

The operation could not be performed because WorkflowInstance 'c160381b-9ae3-40c7-86d0-b88fec5df240' was aborted.

Please help

philippe

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We can hide .xamlx with .svc in simple steps :

1- Add a regular workflow instead of workflow service. Say it Workflow1.xaml and copy the content of  WorkflowService.Xamlx to it.

2- Add a WCF service and name it as Workflow1.svc. Delete code behind file and Add a factory pointing to
    System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory

For more information, you can refer here

https://msmvps.com/blogs/theproblemsolver/archive/2010/05/18/hiding-the-xamlx-from-a-workflow-service.aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:47 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:59 AM