Unit test suit for MAPI RRS feed

• Question

• I need to develop unit test frame work for our mapi own service provide. Could you someone suggest best unit tool for the same purpose. How is VisulaStudio2012 unit test frame for the develop the unit test cases for our own mapi service provider. 

~Mahesh~

Monday, April 14, 2014 8:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not an expert for MAPI service provider. Microsoft does not state officially that Visual Studio unit test can support MAPI service provider. Visual Studio Unit test is to test whether there are logic errors in methods from C#/Visual Basic/Visual C++ and in asp.net applications.

Since your service provider is written with Visual C++, you can try to write Visual C++ unit test for your service provider.

If no help, I doubt that Visual Studio unit test can’t support MAPI service provider. I am afraid that you have to find other ways to accomplish it such as writing your own unit test framework. Microsoft CppUnitTest framework may help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh694604.aspx

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 18, 2014 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, April 21, 2014 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Mahesh,

.Net based applications and MAPI are not officially supported. You need to use unmanaged languages for testing your Extended MAPI code.

Monday, April 14, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Thanks for reply, I am looking for c++  framework. Our service provider written in vc++. 

~Mahesh~

Monday, April 14, 2014 1:33 PM
  • I'd recommend asking C++ related questions in the Visual C++ forums instead. There you will get the required feedback from a broad range of developers.
    Monday, April 14, 2014 1:37 PM
  • This is purely not c++ related question, question is which is best unit test framework to test MAPI service provider development in  extended MAPI.

~Mahesh~

Monday, April 14, 2014 1:44 PM
  • There you will not find a lot of C++ developers. Most of Outlook developers don't use C++ at all. That's why I suggested to ask your question on the Visual C++ forum.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:48 PM
  • Hi Mahesh,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to the Unit Test, I'd like to move it to Visual Studio Unit Testing forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

I am not an expert for MAPI service provider. Microsoft does not state officially that Visual Studio unit test can support MAPI service provider. Visual Studio Unit test is to test whether there are logic errors in methods from C#/Visual Basic/Visual C++ and in asp.net applications.

Since your service provider is written with Visual C++, you can try to write Visual C++ unit test for your service provider.

If no help, I doubt that Visual Studio unit test can’t support MAPI service provider. I am afraid that you have to find other ways to accomplish it such as writing your own unit test framework. Microsoft CppUnitTest framework may help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh694604.aspx

Best regards,

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 18, 2014 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, April 21, 2014 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:51 AM