Accessing File share from Data factory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with Azure file share and Data factory. We have created a storage account and file share for incoming data. This storage account has a firewall setting which allows access from few subnets and IP-address which is used when data is sent to the file share. 

I would like to process and import those files using Data factory, but i cannot access the file share from it. When i create a copy activity and set the source to the file share, the connection fails when the firewall settings are active. If i turn the firewall off and allow access from all networks, then the connection works, but i would like to restrict the access to the storage account and not open it to all networks. 

Am i missing some settings or is the some other way to get this to work?

Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Jarkko V and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  I have reproduced your issue, and will escalate internally.  Could you confirm a few items for me please?

• You are not using Data Flow.  You are using Copy Activity or other pipeline activities.
    • If you are making use of BLOB storage / Data Lake Gen2 storage or Table storage, you are able to access them even when you cannot access SMB File Storage.
    • What Integration Runtime are you using?  A self-hosted IR , the default Azure IR or something else?

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:59 PM
  • Jarkko V I have some more information for you.  I have tested the following solution.

Please try whitelisting the IP addresses from this list for the region where you Data Factory is.

If this does not work, or you need help, please let me know.

If you would like to know more about this solution, you can see a related entry in the feedback forum.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:58 AM
  • We have not received a response from you.  Are you still facing the issue?  If you found a solution, would you please share it here with the community?  Otherwise, let us know and we will continue to engage with you on the issue.
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 6:11 PM