Wrong Icon shows after running Windows Installer with my app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Windows Forms applicaiton and added a new project for the Windows Istaller application. 

All goes great except for 2 things...

1. The desktop link show the Default icon all the time instead of the one I chose.  Aht am I missing?
    2. The path and application are installed correctly BUT the menu system does not have an entry in it for my projects.  (c:\windows\program files (x86)\SeamanMarinesoftware\YachtLog)  This path is created but only the desktop link is created... What am I missing here too?

SquireDude
    • Moved by Daniel Rieck Monday, September 6, 2010 7:20 PM not C# specific (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, September 6, 2010 6:00 PM

Answers

• Phil,

Well with your suggestion as a starting point I found my problem.  It is with the application icon, and it was there BUT it was the wrong type.  I had the icon maker set to 256x256xTrue Color insted of 48x48xTrueColor....

Thanks if you had not steered my in the right direction I would still be fumlbling around in the dark

SquireDude
    • Marked as answer by SquireDude Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:48 PM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:47 PM

All replies

• Is a desktop link a shortcut? If you created one (right click your exe in the setup project's file system) then it's got a properties window with an icon property you probably didn't set.

The menu system will not have a shortcut unless you add it to the User's Program Menu in a folder that you create there.

Phil Wilson
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:27 PM
  • Phil,

Well with your suggestion as a starting point I found my problem.  It is with the application icon, and it was there BUT it was the wrong type.  I had the icon maker set to 256x256xTrue Color insted of 48x48xTrueColor....

Thanks if you had not steered my in the right direction I would still be fumlbling around in the dark

SquireDude
    • Marked as answer by SquireDude Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:48 PM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:47 PM