none
.NET with Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched online for nearly 5 hours. I have tried to go into control panel and enable .NET 3.5, i get an error 0x800f081f. I looked it up and found loads of things. 

I did the whole admin > cmd > DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

(with the proper source, i tried using both a CD and copying the source folder to a second drive). 

I have reformatted my computer recently and i cannot get half of my programs/games to work without .NET 3.5.

I have tried doing the Offline install program from AskVG. 

Please for the love of all things holy, can anyone help me? I am at a complete loss. 

Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:48 AM

Answers

• Hi reinslayer,

After checking, I found that error code 0x800f081f means CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING.

The source files could not be found. Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077

I see you use this command "DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs". Please notice the source follow /Source.

/Source specifies the location of the files needed to restore the feature. In other words, you need to copy the source in the d drive disk because you use d:\sources\sxs.If it is not this problem, please try the following method.

Verify that the source specified has the necessary files. The source argument should point to the \sources\sxs folder on the installation media or the Windows folder for a mounted image (i.e.c:\mount\windows) for an image mounted to c:\mount.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, September 19, 2014 6:21 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 5:55 AM

All replies

• If you have not already done so, you can download and follow the suggestions in this paper:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=256570

Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:11 PM
  • Hi reinslayer,

After checking, I found that error code 0x800f081f means CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING.

The source files could not be found. Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077

I see you use this command "DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs". Please notice the source follow /Source.

/Source specifies the location of the files needed to restore the feature. In other words, you need to copy the source in the d drive disk because you use d:\sources\sxs.If it is not this problem, please try the following method.

Verify that the source specified has the necessary files. The source argument should point to the \sources\sxs folder on the installation media or the Windows folder for a mounted image (i.e.c:\mount\windows) for an image mounted to c:\mount.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, September 19, 2014 6:21 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 5:55 AM