Trying to locate a form so i can update it RRS feed

• Question

• I recently took over Sharepoint from a coworker who left without notice. I have a fair grasp of Sharepoint now, but I am having trouble trying to find a form that i need to update. Here is the best explanation I can give:

1) When a coworker needs to add a new task, the select 'New'
    2) A form opens up, which they fill out a various number of fields and submit it
    3) The task appears on under their profile.

I need to find that form so i can add a few new fields. Is there a way to back track it to figure out where it is being pulled from?

Thanks for any help!
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hello Alukavi,

I agree with Alvaro that you need to check the type of the form and then decide where to go next. If you feel difficult in doing that, please make a screenshot and upload it to any network album you like, then give us a link or embed the image in the forum.

I suspect that it is a common ASPX form with List Form Web Part. In such a situation, please choose the solution based on your requirements:

·          If you want to add columns to store data just in this list/document library and apply it to all the content types, please click Settings and then Create Columns.

·          If you want to add columns based on the certain content types, please enable the Settings – List/Library Settings – Advanced settings – Allow management of content types. Then, in the list/library settings page, go to the content type you want to modify, change or add the columns you want.

Thanks and hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi, I understand that the form you are talking about is not the typical sharepoint list template. Maybe that indicates that it´s a infopath form.

First look for the list, library or task list where cooworkers select "New",  in configuration look if it has the content types activated, if the configuration page has a content type secction the answer is yes, if it is ok until now look for the name of the content type in some of the servers in the farm.

hope it helps.

Alvaro Arias My SharePoint Blog
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:49 PM
  • Hello Alukavi,

I agree with Alvaro that you need to check the type of the form and then decide where to go next. If you feel difficult in doing that, please make a screenshot and upload it to any network album you like, then give us a link or embed the image in the forum.

I suspect that it is a common ASPX form with List Form Web Part. In such a situation, please choose the solution based on your requirements:

·          If you want to add columns to store data just in this list/document library and apply it to all the content types, please click Settings and then Create Columns.

·          If you want to add columns based on the certain content types, please enable the Settings – List/Library Settings – Advanced settings – Allow management of content types. Then, in the list/library settings page, go to the content type you want to modify, change or add the columns you want.

Thanks and hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:04 AM